I am not sure how this week got away from me but it did. As of Thursday, I was yet frantically trying to learn, learn anything. My brain has been mush this week since being sick & on meds. So here is the best of what I learned this week :
- Yesterday was “National Bring Your Dog To Work” day. Seriously. You can read about it here. I don’t own a dog but love them. And I surely would have loved to be in an office where many brought their dogs to work. I cannot imagine a more fun day :) So this little fact is dedicated to Daisy who could make friends in any environment. (Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net/Grant Cochrane)
- Summer began yesterday, June 21st. For the U.S. and the rest of the northern hemisphere, the first day of the summer season is the day of the year when the Sun is farthest north from the equator. So Friday was the longest day of the year for us. One of the most annoying parts of summer is the bugs, especially mosquitoes. Did you know they can find warm-blooded mammals (that would be us!) from 100 feet away? Talk about having radar! July is the month that the most ice cream will be sold. And the Eiffel Tower is taller in the summer by about 6 inches due to the expansion of iron in hotter weather. (Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net/artur 84)
- I am reading Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist. I am loving this book! In it, she shares this thought: “Bitterness is when you drink poison hoping the other person dies.” (Page 168). Think on that. Bitterness will only kill us. Each day will present us with opportunities & choices as to whether or not we will become embittered. And we are each responsible to take care that we rid ourselves of bitterness (amongst other things as well). “Get id of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling & slander, along with every from of malice.” (Ephesians 4:31 NIV84).
- I have been thinking quite a bit about fear this week. I was grateful to read this tweet yesterday by @JonGordon11: “Fear is the #1 thing that keeps us from our destiny and Faith is the #1 thing that moves us toward it!”
- My kids grew up on Mr. Rogers. Seeing this video reminded me of all the reasons why…..
May you all have a wonderful Saturday!