This past week was school vacation and so I was “off” all week. And the week went by faster than the blink of an eye. The week held more snow and the Olympics. And some great posts. So here we go:
1) We all need to believe in a superhero. If you don’t believe me, watch this little boy’s reaction to Superman. As I watched this, a few times I will admit, I found myself wondering if this could be just an inkling of what Paul meant as he penned: “At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Phil. 2:10-11).
2) It snowed again this week. Twice to be exact. And plenty all winter. Maybe that is why this struck such a cord with me. To think that He washes us “whiter than snow”.
3) I love “What if” kind of questions. They make me think of endless possibilities. Barbara asks these questions with excellence … “And what if one of God’s purposes in this cold winter was to give me eyes to see beauty where I don’t think there is any?” Or what about this question … “And what if one of God’s purposes in this forever cold was to help me discover the fun of hot chocolate?” In this post, you are sure to get a very different perspective on winter.
4) Small. What happens when we perceive ourselves as small? What if we are called to be small? Seriously. In this post, we will find the challenge to serve big even if no one sees or ever knows our name.
5) I first saw this video a few weeks ago. It naturally caught my attention as my son coaches a high school basketball team. I was not prepared for how it would move me. It will surely move you as well as you hear Kenny share that there are far more important things in life and the one thing that has stood the test of time is God.
May you be blessed as you read and listen to the above links. Take time to relax a bit, put your feet up and have some coffee!